Date(s) - 17/08/2019
08:00 - 17:00
5:30am – Registration for 36km and 50km starts
6:30am – 50km runners board buses to be transported to the start
6:45am – 36km runners board buses to the start
7:00am – 50km race starts
7:15am – Registration for 12km and 25km starts
7:15am – 36km race starts
8:15am – 25km batches start
9.15am – 12km batches start from base camp
10am – Free kiddies run
12:30pm – Prize giving for 12km and 25km begins
Compulsory Kit (not negotiable):
1. You must carry all your own nutrition and hydration for the entirety of the run.
2. 50km & 36km runners must carry a minimum of 2 litres, (25km runners MUST carry 1 litre), and some solid food such as energy bars, biltong, dried fruit, roast chicken.
3. 50km & 36km route traverses remote areas, you must carry a wind breaker, a space blanket, a whistle and charged cell phone. Add the emergency number 072 924 2371.
Cut Off’s Apply:
36km route: Runners will be redirected to a shorter course from 12pm directly to Greek Church.
36km and 50km route: Runners will be redirected to a shorter course from 1pm at Greek Church.
You should be fit & healthy to complete these events, it is not a walk.
- 12km 1 water table
- 25km 2 water tables
- 36km 1 emergency water point at approx 18km and feed station at the Greek Church.
- 50km 3 emergency water points at approx 18km, 27km & 42km and feed station at the Greek Church .
- Race numbers to be worn on the front of your running shirt, club numbers are not required.
- There is a kiddies jungle gym and big grassy area in front of the restaurant at Van Gaalens race venue. Bring your family along and enjoy a relaxed morning out, whilst waiting for sweaty Mom and Dad. Hot showers and restaurant on site.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your car, lock anything like wallets, cellphones, IPads in the boot. We have Security patrolling.