The manual sets out the procedure to be followed when requesting access to information / documents from gsport in terms of the Act.
gsport reserves the right to amend this manual when and as required.
Should you require assistance in this regard, please contact Ryk Meiring when requesting of documents / information from gsport.
The following words will bear the following meaning in this manual :-
“the Act” means the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No. 2 of 2000, together with all relevant regulations published;
“the/this manual” means this manual together with all annexures, available at the offices of gsport from time to time;
“gsport” means gsport4girls, a Voluntary Association as set out in this manual;
“SAHRC” means the SA Human Rights Commission.
2. Contact Details (Section 51(1)(a) of the Act)
Name of body: gsport4girls
Principal Member: Kass Naidoo
Information Officer: Ryk Meiring
Address: 21 Third Street, Killarney, 2193
Fax: 086 503 2525
E-mail: legal at gsport dot co dot za
3. Guide In Terms Of Section 10 Of The Act (Section 51(1)(b) of the Act)
In terms of section 10 of the Act, a guide compiled by the SAHRC containing such information as may be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Act.
This guide is available from the SAHRC.
Contact details of the South African Human Rights Commission:
The Research and Documentation Department
Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 11 484 8300 Fax: +27 11 484 7146
E-mail: [email protected]
4. Notice(s) In Terms Of Section 52(2) Of The Act (Section 51(1)(c) of the Act)
At this stage no notice(s) has / have been published.
5. Information / Documents Available In Accordance With Other Legislation (Section 51(1)(d) of the Act)
gsport keeps information / documents in accordance with the following legislation (please note that this is not an exhaustive list) :-
- Income Tax Act, Act No. 58 of 1962 (Section 75)
- Value-Added Tax Act, Act No. 89 of 1991 (Section 65)
- Customs and Excise Act, Act No. 91 of 1964 (Section 101)
- Unemployment Insurance Act, Act No. 30 of 1966 (Section 32)
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Act No. 75 of 1997 (Section 31)
- Employment Equity Act, Act No. 55 0f 1998 (Section 26)
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, Act No. 130 of 1993 (Section 97)
- Insolvency Act, Act No. 24 of 1936 (Sections 134 and 155)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act No. 85 of 1993
6. Documents / Information Held In Terms Of The Act (Section 51(1)(e) of the Act)
The documents / information listed herein below pertain to the day-to-day management of the business of gsport:-
- Author Commissioning Contracts
- Employment Contracts
- Statutory information
Any and all documents / information requested pertaining to the aforesaid willl only be released subject to the provisions of the Act.
7. Other Information (Section 51(1)(f) of the Act)
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has to date not published any regulations in terms of this section.
8. Availibility Of The Manual (Section 51(3) of the Act)
This manual is available for inspection at the offices of gsport, free of charge, during regular office hours.
Copies of the manual may be obtained, subject to the prescribed fees.
The manual will also be accessed on the website of the SAHRC (www.sahrc.org.za) in due course, once gsport’s PAIA manual has been registered. The request forms and fee structure can be obtained on the SAHRC website (www.sahrc.org.za) or the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (www.doj.gov.za) (under “regulations”).
Click here to download the 20110710 PAIA Req for Access.