Sydney Sixers have announced South African all-rounder, Marizanne Kapp, as the team’s Player of the Tournament after a stellar season in the Women’s Big Bash League.
The South African all-rounder featured in the domestic Australian women’s T20 cricket competition proving her worth on the international stage.
— Sydney Sixers WBBL (@SixersWBBL) April 4, 2020
Kapp has continued to prove her abilities with both bat and ball at club and national level.
She took to social media to acknowledge her achievement.
Thank you to all my teammates, coaches and support staff, wouldn’t be possible without you guys! ? https://t.co/FUU2yp3Ca6
— Marizanne Kapp (@kappie777) April 4, 2020
The public have also had their say as they share their congratulatory messages.
Great player ???????????
— amanda davina mulder (@DavinaMulder) April 4, 2020
— Ehsan Waris (@EhsanWaris) April 4, 2020
Saying again. She is my favorite women cricketer. More power to you Marizanne.
— Indian (@YeahYash12) April 4, 2020
Kapp was also announced as a new addition into The Hundred competition where she will join fellow countrymates Chloe Tryon, Lizelle Lee, Mignon du Preez and Dané van Niekerk.
Kapp’s Previous Achievements:
- In December 2017, she was named as one of the players in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year
- In March 2018, she was one of fourteen players to be awarded a national contract by Cricket South Africa ahead of the 2018–19 season
- In September 2018, she took her 100th wicket in WODIs, during the series against the West Indies
- In October 2018, she was named in South Africa’s squad for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament in the West Indies
- She was the leading run-scorer for South Africa in the tournament, with 98 runs in four matches
- In November 2018, she was named in the Sydney Sixers’ squad for the 2018–19 Women’s Big Bash League season
- In May 2019, in the first WODI against Pakistan, Kapp became the third cricketer for South Africa to play in 100 WODI matches
- In September 2019, she was named in the M van der Merwe XI squad for the inaugural edition of the Women’s T20 Super League in South Africa
- In January 2020, she was named in South Africa’s squad for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in Australia
Photo 1 Caption: Momentum Proteas all-rounder, Marizanne Kapp, previously pictured in action at the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 in Australia. Photo: ICC
Photo 2 Caption: Sydney Sixers announced Kapp, as the team’s Player of the Tournament after a stellar season in the Women’s Big Bash League. Photo: Sydney Sixers via Twitter