More than 80 public nominations have been received for the 2013 SPAR gsport Awards since nominations opened on 11 September 2013, in a month-long nominations process will see the public nominate their top candidates across eight categories.
gsport Founder Kass Naidoo said: “We are very encouraged by the number of nominations already received. Last year gsport received around 100 nominations, and with two weeks of the process still to go, we are sitting with at least 80 this year.
“Without giving anything away, it is exciting to see some brand new names cropping up in the nominations this year, and I think it will give the judges some great content to work with.”
The event takes place for a 5th year running at the prestigious Wanderers Club in Illovo, on the morning of 20 November, when 200 top women in sport, media, entertainment and business will gather to pay tribute to outstanding individuals in women’s sport in South Africa.
Nominations close at midday on 9 October 2013, after which the gsport elite judging panel of Jane Bramley, Dr. Sherylle Calder, Hazel Gumede and Uyanda Mbuli will narrow the list down to the top three contenders for each category.
Public voting from from 30 October to 13 November will decide overall winners, who will be feted at the Awards.
Nominations can be submitted at:
- gsport website: www.gsport.co.za/nominations
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: twitter.com/gsport4girls
- Facebook: facebook.com/gsport4girls
- Official HashTag: #SPARgsportAwards
Nominations are being sought for:
- The 2013 SPAR gsport Athlete of the Year Award
- The 2013 gsport Athlete of the Year with a Disability
- The 2013 gsport Up & Coming Athlete of the Year
- The 2013 gsport Woman of the Year Award
- The 2013 gsport Woman in Media Award
- The 2013 gsport Style Star Award
- The 2013 gsport Coach of the Year; and
- The 2013 gsport Volunteer of the Year
gsport requires the following information on nominations:
- Name of the person submitting the nomination
- Contact details of the person submitting the nomination
- Name of the person being nominated
- The 2013 SPAR gsport Awards category the person is being nominated in
- Contact details of the person being nominated (if known); and
- A few compelling reasons why the person being nominated should be considered for an Award