TROVE Wellness founder and Brand South Africa ambassador, Juanita Khumalo, is well known for going beyond the call of duty to empower women both mentally and physically as she aims to make a positive change in society.
Over the past few years, fitness and health has become increasingly popular and is the fastest growing industry around the world according to a study completed by Lightspeed HQ.
Khumalo is eager to spread the word, sharing ten tips to keep you motivated on your fitness journey:
- Always remember your WHY. There will be days when you are not motivated and going back to the drawing board and reminding yourself of the WHY will keep you going.
- Choose to make the change for yourself and nobody else.
- Focus on cultivating small daily habits, they lead to the bigger goal.
- It’s 80% what you do in the kitchen and 20% exercise.
- With regards to diet, try to maintain the 80/20 rule meaning: 80% of the time try and consume nutrient dense food which fill you up for longer and do leave room to enjoy treats you love 20% of the time. Balance is important.
- Listen to your body when it’s tired and make time for rest.
- Stop with the fad diets and diets which are highly restrictive.
- Practice mindful and intuitive eating.
- Celebrate what your body can do instead of punishing it for your past mistakes.
- Learn to celebrate the small wins, they give you enough happy hormones to continue pushing for the next achievement.
Read Juanita Khumalo’s full interview on gsport:
If you want to be inspired, dive into the inspirational content on gsport.co.za where we tell positive stories of women’s sport to encourage better corporate support for our athletes.
While you are there, register a free membership and tell your story to inspire another young woman!
Photo 1 Caption: TROVE Wellness founder and Brand South Africa ambassador, Juanita Khumalo, is well known for going beyond the call of duty to empower women both mentally and physically as she aims to make a positive change in society. Photo: Supplied